Picture of Travel Advisor: Vanessa Cole

Travel Advisor: Vanessa Cole

The owner of the company, Vanessa Cole, lived in Puerto Vallarta for 10 years and Cancun for 2 years. She has worked in Luxury Villa Rentals since 2001.

Puerto Vallarta: Vote!

Voting in the US Election

Depending on where you came from when you moved to Puerto Vallarta, you will need to find out about getting a ballot from your home state for the upcoming election in November. Anyone who is a registered voter can request a ballot to vote in absentee. This is for all US citizens and those holding dual citizenship. Due to a variety of deadlines and requirements, we highly recommend getting on this horse as soon as possible to ensure your ride. One go-to website is www.votefromabroad.org and though this site was established by Democrats, it graciously works for any party affiliation. Another website that will work for you is www.travel.state.gov with a claim that voting from another country has never been easier.

During the month of June ex-pat organizations in Puerto Vallarta will have stations set up to assist voters and will have Spanish translators, if needed. Those locations are Mailboxes, Etc in the Emiliano Zapata location on Thursday June 23 from 3pm to 5 pm and at the IShop&Mail in the Hotel Zone at Plaza Peninsula on June 29 from 11 am to 1 pm.

The government regales us to all be educated voters and offers helpful resources that should help to aid in your research of all candidates and issues that will affect you, regardless of where you hang your hat. To facilitate that site the link is http://www.fvap.gov/links.

Be sure your vote is sent in early, at least forty-five days before the election. This will provide the time to process your vote and enable officials to get back to you in the case of any questions and resolve any problems that, however unlikely, might arise. Once a voter has been approved, there is a good chance they will be added to the list of those to receive future absentee ballots but we recommend one always makes sure of this and checks in back at the home state.

Eligibility requires US citizens to be 18 years or older. Your state of legal residence is where you would have resided before you moved to Puerto Vallarta, even if you no

longer have a legal address in that location. Several states and the District of Columbia allow US citizens who have never resided in the United States to register where their parent would be eligible to vote.

Que cómo es es.

Thanks to our Guest Blogger Adam Garcia for this great article!

About Vacation Villas of Mexico Founder, Vanessa Cole

The founder of the company, Vanessa Cole, lived in Puerto Vallarta for 10 years and in Cancun for 2 years. She has worked in Luxury Vacation Villa Rentals since 2001.

Originally from San Antonio, Texas, Vanessa earned a degree from the University of Texas in Austin, majoring in International Business and Latin American Studies.  Fluent in Spanish, she has worked and traveled all over Mexico and South America.

This is the type of experience you can count on to assist you with your vacation villa rental in Mexico…. [su_button url=”https://www.vacationvillasofmexico.com/contact-vacation-villas-of-mexico/” target=”blank” style=”glass” background=”#7796ab” size=”7″ wide=”yes” icon=”icon: calendar”]Contact Us Today![/su_button]

More to explore

Find A Villa