There is a wonderful facility for zip lining approximately 30 minutes south of Old Town Puerto Vallarta. Even if the idea of being harnessed to cables above river gorges does not appeal, there is something for everyone at Los Veranos. In addition to the canopy tour, there is a beautiful fresh water river with restaurant, bar, water slides and an animal sanctuary.
- $89 US / adult, zip line+facilities
- $69US/ child, zip line+facilities
- $20/person, facilities only
- $0 – children 5 and under
The cost includes round trip transportation in an open air jungle cruiser.
This particular zip line is consistently voted as one of the top things to do in Puerto Vallarta and has been featured on PBS and in the New York Times Travel Section. Past guests who are experienced with zip lining have told us it is one of the best they have ever seen, not only for the beauty of the area but for the quality of the engineering, equipment and expertise of the bilingual guides.
For those who have qualms about being up high, once past the first 2 or 3 platforms, you will cease to feel that fear of heights. And if zip lining is just an absolute “no”, the venue is lovely with plenty to do right there on the river while waiting for the other adrenaline junkies in your group to run the course.
The kids will be fascinated by the Animal House; it will be the first thing they tell their friends about when they return to school.
LOS VERANOS IS LOCATED IN A LUSH MOUNTAINOUS JUNGLE AREA. TO MAKE YOUR ZIP LINE EXPERIENCE PLEASURABLE AND SAFE, WE SUGGEST BRINGING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- COMFORTABLE WALKING SHOES: The walking paths between zip lines are groomed however, the terrain is hilly and can get damp. We recommend shoes with a heel strap or a tennis shoe.
- INSECT REPELLENT: This is the jungle; insect repellent is recommended. If you forget your insect repellent, you can purchase a can when you check in for your tour.
- LAYERS: December thru March mornings can be chilly. Before the sun has a chance to heat the Jungle, you will reach speeds up to 30 mph in the cool morning air. We suggest a hoodie, sweatshirt, tee shirt with long sleeves or any other type of layers that can added or removed.
- BATHING SUIT, TOWEL, WATER SHOES, SUN BLOCK: Please remember there is more to do than zip lining. Los Veranos has a fresh water mountain stream for swimming, a groomed beach for sun bathing, fantastic water slides and kayaks. Bring a bathing suit, towel, water shoes/flip flops and sun block. Lockers are available.
- CASH OR CREDIT CARD FOR THE RESTAURANT AND BAR: After the tour you will want to enjoy the restaurant and tropical bar with unique hand-mixed drinks and authentic local cuisine served in a lush river side setting.
Those who are unable to participate in the Canopy Tour:
- Weight over 285 lbs/129 kilos
- Children under 5 years or 40″ in height
- Pregnant Women
- Intoxicated Individuals
- Anyone who suffers from a heart condition or chronic back pain
- Persons unable to climb stairs or hills